Monday, September 28, 2015

English Quiz On Direct/Indirect Part - VI

1. “Mohan made this mess. Let him clear it up”, said his father.
(A) Mohan’s father said that Mohan had made the mess and proposed that he clear it up
(B) Mohan’s father said that Mohan had made the mess and that he was to clear it
(C) Mohan’s father said that Mohan had made the mess and suggested that he clear it
(D) Mohan’s father said that Mohan had made the mess and that he should clear it

2. “Fie! A soldier and afraid of fighting!” said Babar.
(A) Babar exclaimed with surprise that a soldier should be afraid of fighting
(B) Addressing a soldier, Babar cursed him that he should be afraid of fighting
(C) Babar cursed the soldier who was afraid of fighting
(D) Babar cursed and exclaimed that a soldier should not be afraid of fighting

3.  He said to her, “Did it shake you up as much as it shook me?”
(A) He asked her if it had shaken her up as much as it shook him
(B) He enquired of her if it shook her up as it shook him
(C) He enquired of her if it shook her up as much as it had shaken him
(D) He asked her if it had shaken her up as much as it had shaken him

4.  The teacher said to Ram, “Would you like to go on a trip to Kashmir ?” Ram said, “Yes.”
(A) The teacher asked if Ram would like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied yes
(B) The teacher asked Ram if he would like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied yes
(C) The teacher asked Ram if he would have like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied in the affirmative
(D) The teacher asked Ram if he would like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied in the affirmative

5.  Everybody said, “How well she sings!”
(A) Everybody told us that she sings very well
(B) Everybody exclaimed that she sings very well
(C) Everybody exclaimed that she sang very well
(D) Everybody told us that how she sang very well

6.  “Suppose you children go out for a nice long walk”, she said.
(A) She proposed that the children went out for a nice long walk
(B) She advised that the children go out for a nice long walk
(C) She suggested that the children go out for a nice long walk
(D) She suggested that the children should go out for a nice long walk

7.  “Do as you wish, but don’t come and ask me for help if you get into difficulties.”
(A) He told me to do as he wished or he wouldn’t come and help me if I got into difficulties
(B) He told me to do as I wished, but not to go and ask him for help if I got into difficulties
(C) He ordered me to do as I wished, but not to go and ask him for help if I got into difficulties
(D) He told me that unless I did as I wished he would not come and help me if I got into difficulties

8.  I said, “Let Mohan do his worst, he cannot harm me.”
(A) I suggested to Mohan to do his worst, he could not harm me
(B) I told that if Mohan did his his worst, he could not harm me
(C) I declared that Mohan might do his worst, he could not harm me
(D) I declared that Mohan might do his worst, he could not harm me

9.  I said, “When it gets dark, light the lantern and hang it out.”
(A) I said that when it got dark he light the lantern and hung it out.
(B) I requested that when it got dark he may light the lantern and hang it out.
(C) I said that when it got dark he should light the lantern and hang it out.
(D) I told that when it got dark he should light the lantern and hang it out.

10. “May you live long and prosper”, said the old lady to her son.
(A) The old lady blessed her son with long life and wished him prosperity
(B) The old lady prayed for her son’s long life and prosperity
(C) The old lady prayed for her son and said that he might live long and prosper
(D) The old lady blessed her son and prayed for his long life and prosperity

Answers:-
1.A
2.D
3.D
4.D
5.C
6.A
7.B
8.D
9.D
10.B

No comments: