Monday, December 28, 2015

English Quiz For SSC Exams

Directions (Q.1-6): Some parts of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and blacken the oval corresponding to the appropriate letter (a, b, c). If a sentence is free from error, choose  to (d) i.




1. India has got (a)/ freedom (b)/ in 1947. (c) / No error (d)

2. Every scientific invention (a)/ has proved (b)/ much harmful to society that beneficial. (c) / No error (d)

3. She is preparing (a)/ for this examination (b)/ since 2004. (c) / No error (d)

4. I can depend upon (a)/ your help, (b)/ can I ? (c) / No error (d)

5. I am tired (a)/ so I’ll lay down (b)/ and take rest. (c) / No error (d)

6. If her grandfather (a)/ would have lived three more days (b)/ he would have been 100 years old. (c) / No error (d)

Directions (Q. 7-10): Sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four.

7. She thanked Vishal as she could reach the station on time………………his help.
(a) since
(b) for 
(c) with 
(d) in

8. My………………….brother is called Arhaan.
(a) older  
(b) oldest
(c) senior
(d) elder

9.  The lawyer has plenty of…………………
(a) criminals 
(b) buyers 
(c) customers
(d) clients

10. “I have brought the book. It’s …………………!” Ravi said assertively to all the boys present.
(a) mine 
(b) my
(c) me
(d) myself



Answer Key
1.a
2.c
3.a
4.c
5.b
6.b
7.c
8.d
9.d
10.a

No comments: