Sunday, January 18, 2015

Reasoning Quiz

Directions (Q.1 - 5): In each question below, a question is followed by information given in statements. You have to decide the information given in which of the following statement is necessary to answer the question.

1. How many days did Rihana take to complete her assignment work?
I.  Krish correctly remembers that Rihana took more than two days but less than seven days to complete her assignment.
II. Pavitra correctly remembers that Rihana took more than 5 days but less than 10 days to complete her assignment.
III.  Arayan correctly remembers that Rihana completed her assignment within 12 days.


1)  All I, II & III together
2) Only II
3) Only I and II
4) Only I and III
5) None of these

2. Ayana is in which direction with respect to Ritu?
I. Manav is to the south of Ritu and Ayana is to the east of Pihu who is to the north of Manav.
II. Pihu is to the south of Ritu.
III. Pihu is to the west of Tilak.

1) Only I
2) Only II & III
3) All
4) Only I & II
5) None of these

3. How many sisters Ritesh have? Ritesh is a boy.
I. Kavita, the mother of Ritesh, is the only child of Monika. Monika has only two grand children.
II. Sarvesh, the son-in-law of Monika, has a son and a daughter.

1)  Only I
2)  Only II
3) Both I & II
4)  Either I or II
5) Neither I nor II

4. Among A, B, C, D and E sitting in a row, facing east, who its exactly in the middle of the line?
I. D sits third to the left of B. D is an immediate neighbour of both A and E.
II. Two people sit between E and C. C does not sit at either of the extreme ends. A sits second to the right of E.
1) Only I
2) Only II
3) Both I and II
4) Either I or II
5) Neither I nor II

5. How is 'Sweet' coded in a code language?
I. 'I love sweet chocolate' is written as 'qa la ti mi' and 'she is sweet girl is written as 'ja ra mi ka'.
II. 'Bright and Sweet' is written as 'zi mi na' and 'who is sweet' is written as 'mi yo di'.

1)  Only I
2)  Only II         
3)  either I or II alone
4)  neither I nor II
5) both I & II

Directions (6 -10): Study the following information and answer the questions following it:

A festival was held by The Times of India group in the capital of India. In this festival Ken, Tim, Kat and Aish, each won a first place in one of the four events: jumping, dancing, singing and swimming, not necessarily in that order. Curiously, each winner also won a second place and a third place in two other of these four events. 

Study the following clues and answer the questions that follow:
(i) The one who was placed second in swimming was third in dancing.
(ii) The winner of the singing contest was placed third in swimming.
(iii) Aish did not come first in jumping or dancing.
(iv) Aish was a close second behind Kat in one of the four events.
(v) Tim was placed third in singing, but did not get a place in jumping, and was not first in dancing.

6. Who is the winner in the swimming event?
(1) Ken
(2) Tim
(3) Kat
(4) Aish
(5) Both Kat and Tim

7. Which of the following is/are correct?
I. Kat won first position in jumping.
II. Kat won second position in swimming.
III. Kat won third position in dancing.

(1) Only I
(2) Only II
(3) Only III
(4) All I, II and III
(5) None of these

8. Which of the following is/are wrong?
I. Ken won first position in jumping.
II. Ken won second position in swimming.
III. Ken won third position in dancing.

(1) Only II and III
(2) Only I and III
(3) Only I and II
(4) All I, II and III
(5) None of these

9. Who among the following did not occupy any position, from 1st, 2nd and 3rd, in singing?
(1) Kat
(2) Ken
(3) Tim
(4) Aish
(5) Can’t say

10. Who among the following did not occupy any position, from 1st, 2nd and 3rd, in swimming?
(1) Can’t say
(2) Kat
(3) Ken
(4) Tim
(5) None of these



ANSWERS
Solutions (1-5)

1. 3;
(i) 7 days < 2 days
(ii) 10 days < 5 days
From (i) & (ii) we can find the days he took.

2. 4;


Only (i) & (ii) are sufficient to answer.

3. 3;

Only (i) & (ii)

4. 4;
E D A __ B
E __ A C __
Either I or II

5. 3;
I ---> qa
Love ---> la
Sweet ---> ti
Chocolate ---> mi

Solutions (6-10)

Jumping
Dance
Singing
Swimming
I
Kat
Ken
Aish
Tim
II
Aish
Tim
Ken
Kat
III
Ken
Kat
Tim
Aish
6. 2
7. 4
8. 4
9. 1
10. 3


No comments: